Skip to content
Home » Can NovoTHOR Help With Back Pain Relief?

Can NovoTHOR Help With Back Pain Relief?

  • by

NovoTHOR full body treatment pod utilises photobiomodulation therapy (PBM) to painlessly treat an array of ailments, aches and pains. NovoTHOR is especially effective in treating inflammation and chronic pain. Lower back pain is a condition that affects millions of people, and people respond to all kinds of different treatments. For many suffering from chronic back pain, treatment is all about pain management to ensure a good quality of life. To find out more about what PBM is and its effectiveness for back pain, continue reading the article below. 

novothor machine

What is Photobiomodulation Therapy?

Photobiomodulation therapy (PBM), previously referred to as low-level laser therapy, involves the application of red and near-infrared light over the skin. PBM works to treat pain and inflammation by working at a cellular level, emitting lasers at a specific wavelength to promote recovery and reduce inflammation. 

PBM is effective in treating oxidative stress, which occurs where there is an imbalance of antioxidants and free radicals in the body’s cells. The resulting imbalance can result in the free radicals doing damage to your body. Conditions that can arise from oxidative stress include:

– Inflammatory conditions
– Chronic fatigue
– Heart conditions
– Diabetes

Oxidative stress has also been found to accelerate aging. So how does PBM help reduce oxidative stress? This therapy displaces the free radicals which then has the effect of beginning the repair process. The repair process reduces inflammation, which contributes to lower back pain, especially in those muscles surrounding the spine.

woman getting back rubbed

Can NovoTHOR Help Manage Back Pain?

PBM therapy has been the subject of significant scientific scrutiny, with over 500 human trials and 4000 lab studies. More specifically, NovoTHOR has contributed to 51 academic papers and numerous universities. So what does this wealth of research have to say about PBM’s effectiveness in providing relief for lower back pain? There is evidence that points towards PBM being an effective treatment for chronic back pain. A scientific study from 2015 found PBM to be significantly more effective than the placebo in treating chronic lower back pain. This research is a welcome relief for those looking for pain relief from their lower back pain.

For 65% of people, lower back pain will dissipate after six weeks in conjunction with treatment. For the remaining 35% of people, this pain can become chronic and debilitating. Notably, because many chronic conditions cannot be cured, people are often prescribed pain medications. Reliance on these pain medications is not sustainable and can have long term health implications. NovoTHOR offers an alternative to pain medication, as it treats pain and inflation at a cellular level and without side effects. While chronic conditions cannot be readily cured, an important step in maintaining the quality of life is managing their symptoms.

Are you looking to get your PBM journey started today? Based in Mackay, NovoGen houses one of only nine NovoTHOR treatment pods in Australia. Contact NovoGen and we can find a treatment plan that will get you back to feeling your best. There are a range of packages available to suit your budget and schedule, NovoGen is proud to work with our customers to find flexible solutions.